Information for First-Year Students
The Business Institutions minor, offered by Weinberg College's Harvey Kapnick Center for Business Institutions, is open to all undergraduates at Northwestern.
Prerequisite Courses to Declare the Business Institutions Minor
- ECON 201: Intro to Macroeconomics
- ECON 202: Intro to Microeconomics
- STAT 210: Introductory Statistics for the Social Sciences
- MATH 212 or MATH 220: Calculus
- Students must complete all four prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- before declaring the Business Institutions minor.
- Courses used to fulfill Prerequisite Course Requirements may be used to meet the requirements of another major/minor/certificate.
- Courses that can be substituted for STAT 210 include: BMD_ENG 220; CHEM_ENG 312; EECS 302; IEMS 201; IEMS 202; Math 310-1; Math 311-1; Math 314; Math 383; Math 385; PSYCH 201; POLI_SCI 312; SESP 210; STAT 202; STAT 320
- AP Credit may be used to fulfill prerequisite requirements according to the course equivalencies established by the relevant departments.
- For more information on AP/IB credit, please visit Weinberg's detailed page.